Pages

Friday, February 13, 2009

Do You Know Your Black History??

Medgar Evers (1925-1963), was the field secretary for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP). He was also a civil/human rights activist, his death prompted President John Kennedy to ask Congress for a comprehensive civil-rights bill, which President Lyndon Johnson signed into law the following year. Mr. Evers was one of the first major civil rights leaders to be assassinated. He was only 37 years old when he was shot and killed in the driveway of his home.

No comments:

Alibris

Buzzerhut

Promote Your Blog

You Tube

DISCLAIMER

This is my opinion on the latest and greatest in celebrity product. I am not offering advice just commenting or voicing my opinion on things I like. Nothing printed is presented as fact, just opinion. All pictures and video are the property of their rightful owners.



I heart FeedBurner