Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Big Sky is Binge Worthy

 


I know, I know it's been a while.  Unlike so many, I was extremely busy during the pandemic and didn't get to binge-watch any good shows, read any good books, or keep up on the latest in music.  But now that I have found my rhythm in this chaotic world I have created for myself, I found time to binge-watch the first season of Big Sky.   First things first, there is a spoiler so if you haven't seen the first season you should stop reading now.  I am a big fan of crime dramas, especially when they have an element of mystery or thrill to them.  Big Sky is a combination of crime drama and thriller so I enjoyed that about the first season.  I was highly disappointed that Ryan Philippe's character did not last past the first few episodes.  

I have to honestly say that I had not read about the series before binging so I was definitely drawn to the series with the promise of Philippe being a part of the cast.  I will say that the show kept its momentum after losing Philippe and I was pleasantly surprised by that.  Although I feel like the series was a little scattered in a sense, I wanted it to be a little more structured.  I say that because from what's thrown at you, the show could have gone several different ways.  I don't think the show needed so much layering but who am I to judge, I'm no scriptwriter.  Having said that, it's not a terrible show and the plot was easy enough to follow.  Considering this is a show based off of a series of books from C.J. Box, I'm surprised I watched before reading the books.  As you should know by now, I like to read the book before watching the adaptation but this time I made an exception.  I like the dynamic between Cassie and Jenny, how that relationship is formed, and how it develops is an interesting aspect.  The show kept a consistent pace as far as keeping you on the edge of your seat wondering what would happen next.  I give it a 3.5 out of 5 for binge-worthiness, if you're looking for something to watch, check out Big Sky!

No comments:

Alibris

Buzzerhut

Promote Your Blog

You Tube

DISCLAIMER

This is my opinion on the latest and greatest in celebrity product. I am not offering advice just commenting or voicing my opinion on things I like. Nothing printed is presented as fact, just opinion. All pictures and video are the property of their rightful owners.



I heart FeedBurner