Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

R.I.P DJ K-Swift













By Sam Sessa Sun reporter

Khia Edgerton, a pioneering DJ who as "K-Swift" became one of Baltimore's top radio personalities and a major player in the local music scene, died early yesterday morning after a pool accident at her home. She was 29.Through her popular radio show, which attracted thousands of listeners each night, and frequent live performances, Ms. Edgerton helped reinvigorate and reintroduce the aging genre of Baltimore Club music to a younger generation of listeners. For local artists, a spin on K-Swift's 92Q radio show meant instant recognition.Known as the "Club Queen," Ms. Edgerton brought a distinct style of music known as Baltimore Club to cities up and down the East Coast through her live shows. Driven but modest, she excelled in a scene traditionally dominated by men."She pushed the Baltimore Club scene on her own," said Ultra Nate, a Baltimore-based dance artist and international DJ. "You don't find that kind of confidence in a lot of women DJs."

Ms. Nina sends prayers out to her family, so sad when people die so young. That's why I try to always urge my readers to love and live life because you never know.

No comments:

Alibris

Buzzerhut

Promote Your Blog

You Tube

DISCLAIMER

This is my opinion on the latest and greatest in celebrity product. I am not offering advice just commenting or voicing my opinion on things I like. Nothing printed is presented as fact, just opinion. All pictures and video are the property of their rightful owners.



I heart FeedBurner